Why we need you to become a Volunteer ?
Volunteers play an active role in the development of the actuarial profession in South Africa and are the lifeblood of the Actuarial Society. There are many reasons to volunteer, with significant benefits for the volunteers as well as the profession.
- To gain continuous professional development.
- To make a contribution to their profession.
- To gain wider skills and experience.
- To build a network of actuarial colleagues.
- To work with leaders in the profession.
- To gain other perspectives on work issues and share knowledge.
- To influence positively the profession’s reputation.
- To interact with other professionals – accountants, lawyers, statisticians, etc.
- To learn and keep up to date with new developments.
- To contribute to transformation of the profession.
- To gain personal recognition.
Become a Volunteer
The Society presents several opportunities to get involved as a Volunteer.
- Serving on a committee or working group
- Involvement and participation with Education development; courses and exams
- Contribute to development of course material, exam papers and other material required within Education
- Assist as a Supervisor for the Work Based Learning programme
- Participation in ad hoc projects
Contact us to find out more
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about volunteering for the Actuarial Society or fill out the volunteer form below and we will get back to you.