The Microinsurance Committee is responsible for developing the interest of the profession in all areas related to Microinsurance.
The committee sets out to identify issues relating to Microinsurance that are relevant to the South African actuarial profession.
The committee has set the following objectives:
- Identify and contribute to the emerging technical and practice needs of members relating to the growing area of Microinsurance.
- Maintain links with other Practice Area Committees and with other overseas actuarial bodies, including the IAA, and other relevant organisations and professional and industry bodies, both in South Africa and internationally.
The committee members are as follows:
|Janice Angove||Deputy Chairperson
|Giulia Tognon||FSCA rep|
|Iwona Smit||PA rep|
|Nabeelah Kolia||Events / CPD Chairperson|
|Niel Fourie||Council rep|
|Peru Govindasamy||PAC secretary|
|Stephen Burgess||Professional Matters Chairperson|
- ILO Impact Insurance Academy – 8 – 12 July Turin Italy: ILO Impact Insurance Academy
- Learning Sessions: Inclusive insurance business models for Africa – 14-15 August, Zanzibar
- Microinsurance Conference – #15thIMC – Inclusive Insurance for Emerging Markets: Coping with Climate Risk
5 – 7 November 2019, Dhaka, Bangladesh: Microinsurance Conference
- Consultative Forum on Climate and Disaster Risk: building resilience, bridging the protection gap : Live Forum
Microinsurance PAC sessionals:
- Sessional on MI Growing Inclusive Insurance through Data and Technology
- Sessional on MI Role of Techology in insurance consumer relationship
- Sessional on MI Actuary & Regulations
Microinsurance PAC presentations: