The Microinsurance Committee is responsible for developing the interest of the profession in all areas related to Microinsurance.
The committee sets out to identify issues relating to Microinsurance that are relevant to the South African actuarial profession.
The committee has set the following objectives:
- Identify and contribute to the emerging technical and practice needs of members relating to the growing area of Microinsurance.
- Maintain links with other Practice Area Committees and with other overseas actuarial bodies, including the IAA, and other relevant organisations and professional and industry bodies, both in South Africa and internationally.
Licensed micro insurers require a Head of Actuarial Function. According to Actuarial Society rules, this person must have a current Microinsurance Practising Certificate. The Actuarial Society issues these after view by the Microinsurance Committee and they are valid for four years.
If you are looking for an Associate or Fellow to act as your Head of Actuarial Function, please request the list of members with current Microinsurance Practising Certificates from the committee by contacting the committee secretary.
If you are interested in joining this committee please click HERE for more information.
The committee members are as follows:
|Melosi Baloyi||MB||x (chair)||PAC chair|
|Niel Fourie||NF||Council rep|
|Peru Govindasamy||PG||x||PAC secretary|
|Francois Hugo||FH||x||x (chair)|
|Nabeelah Kolia||NK||x (chair)|
|Nduvho Munyai||NM||Council rep|
|Iwona Smit||IS||Regulation: Prudential Authority|
|Giulia Tognon||GT||Regulation: Conduct|
- International Conference on Inclusive Insurance – Digital Edition 2-6 November 2021
- ILO Impact Insurance Academy – 8 – 12 July Turin Italy
- Learning Sessions: Inclusive insurance business models for Africa – 14-15 August, Zanzibar
- Microinsurance Conference – #15thIMC – Inclusive Insurance for Emerging Markets: Coping with Climate Risk
5 – 7 November 2019, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Consultative Forum on Climate and Disaster Risk: building resilience, bridging the protection gap : Live Forum
Microinsurance PAC sessionals:
- 2019 Sessional Microinsurance products in South Africa
- 2019 Sessional Microinsurance products and distributions channels
- 2018 Sessional on MI Actuary & Regulations
- 2017 Sessional on MI Growing Inclusive Insurance through Data and Technology
- 2017 Sessional on MI Role of Techology in insurance consumer relationship
Microinsurance PAC presentations: