Activities of committee / mandate of committee
The Banking Committee was established to consider the current and potential actuarial involvement in this area. The committee’s objectives include investigation of key issues in the banking environment and providing guidance to actuaries practising in this environment.
The growing demand for the actuarial skills set has seen the number of actuaries and actuarial students in the banking environment grow significantly. The Banking committee was established to consider the current and future actuarial involvement in banking.
The committee has set the following main objectives:
- Consider, from the point of view of the actuarial profession, matters relating to Banking.
- Advise the actuarial profession on all matters relating to Banking related activities.
- Lead in the development of educational material and professional guidance for actuaries.
- Engage in research, which provides further insights into Banking.
- Provide quality sessional meetings, at least three times a year.
Who are the committee
The committee members are as follows:
Michael Tichareva – Past chair
|Amon||Magunje||Research and Events|
|Corne||Conradie||Education and Research|
|Danielle||Mitchell||Research and Events|
|David||Hatherell||Education and Events|
|Jerome||Mahadeo||Deputy co-Chairperson (Education)|
|Kudakwashe||Mupandawana||Deputy co-Chairperson (Research and Events)|
|Letsatsi||Pole||Research and Events|
|Pravin||Burra||Education and Events|
|Richardt||Hechter||Education and Events|
|Rolf||van den Heever||Education|
|Valentine||Jingura||Research and Events|